What is Threading?
Threading is a hair removal method that traces its origins in Southeastern Asia and is still being widely used today all over the world. It is a popular way of shaping the eyebrows as it effectively removes stray hairs, making it possible to achieve the desired shape and keep the surrounding area clean of unwanted hair. The method is called “threading” because it uses a cotton thread to pull the hair from the root.
Here at Kingston Laser & Aesthetics, we offer threading hair removal not only for the eyebrows, but also for the sides of the face, cheeks, upper lip and chin areas, and the forehead. We also do full face threading hair removal that includes the eyebrows.
What is involved in Threading Hair Removal?
- A thin cotton thread is doubled to form a mini lasso, which is then rolled over the areas of unwanted hair.
- A twisting motion traps the hairs and pulls them out of their follicles.
- The thread twisting motion can pull out rows of hair instead of pulling them one by one by a tweezer.
- The threading can be completed in 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the area and hair growth.
- Aloe vera gel or other solutions may be applied to soothe the treated area afterwards.
What are the benefits of Threading for hair removal?
- Ideal for hair removal on small areas, such as the eyebrows or upper lip
- Removes rows of hair for faster hair removal
- Minimal discomfort
- Extremely precise – plucks even small, short hairs that a tweezer may not be able to remove
- Long-lasting results
- Ideal for those with sensitive skin that can get irritated with waxing
|Upper lip/ Chin||£4|
|Side of Face||£8|
|Full Face inc. Eyebrows||£22|